Summer, for me, has not yet been underway for a whole week. Even in such a short time I've formulated some musings that I want to share.
1. Visiting a neighborhood pool, in the middle of the day, without children places you in one of three scenarios: a) solitude among soccer moms - read, tan, dunk in pool, talk to no one, repeat, b) a lover of adult swim and, dually, enemy of all under 10 (they will splash you), or c) just plain creepy.
2. Weighted squats are apparently great preparation for the birthing process, just not such great preparation or walking the next day.
3. Torrential rain is not a good time to drive without functioning windshield wipers. However, 77 is manageable sans wipers, just keep a modest 50 mph and you're fine.
4. The Today Show is the best way to spend the hours between 7 - 9 AM.
5. Charlotte is slowly being taken over by wildlife. The proof exists in what we've nicknamed "psycho robin" who enjoys dive bombing Koda, the nest of bunnies in our garden who are now exploring our entire backyard, and the herd of field mice (I swear they were rats) that crossed our path during our evening walk last night.
6. Nesting is not only productive, but fun.
Today is a very special day for our growing family as we find out if this little one is a baby boy or girl! Stay tuned for the news.